In the midst of summer, many of you will need to rethink your wardrobe choices to see you through the worst of the heat. Tailored clothing doesn't have to be compromised just because the temperatures are rising. Here are a few tips to keep you cool without giving up your style.
Summer appropriate suits and accessories:
The best way to know exactly what you need is to talk with your tailor about your options.
Below are the best ways to keep your wardrobe warm weather appropriate.
- Lightweight options such as cotton, linen, and silk blends will keep you cool.
- Lighter colors including pale blue, light grey, tan, and white will help deflect the heat.
- Always opt for unlined or half lined jackets to avoid extra layers and insulation that will trap heat.
- Choose shirts that are cotton, linen, or a blend of both that fit slightly looser than normal to allow more airflow. Loose weaves will also allow more breathability.
- Socks can make a big difference as well. Always go for lighter colors in cotton or choose loafer liners to keep even cooler, of course this depends on the formality of the occasion.
- If you can, ditch the tie in extreme heat. You will feel much cooler with a couple of top buttons left open. If you must wear a tie, go for a lightweight knit with a loose weave.
What to avoid:
- Dark colors that retain heat.
- Heavier wools.
- Darker socks that are above the calf.
- Put away your vests until its cooler.
Always take into account the occasion you are dressing for. Formal occasions will more than likely require a dark suit, a tie, and appropriate socks. Use these tips and we guarantee you'll keep cool without compromising your style.
And remember, if we ever see you in cargo shorts and flip flops, we will judge you.